Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Here I share my experience, my views about my paintings. At first I was more interested in doing Glass paintings, especially Tanjore paintings in glass. I started searching for classes in Chennai. I found one and started learning that.
I chose Yasoda Kannan picture as my first. My first Tanjore Glass painting came out very well.
- First copy the picture in a tracing sheet and reverse the tracing sheet and sketch the outline of the whole picture using the drawing pen or a marker(thin) on the glass (Clean the glass with soap water soaked cloth).
- Fill the outline border circles with stone colors and after dried fill each square with gold color (mix the gold acrylic color powder with binder).
- Then do all ornaments with stone colors or glass colors and gold mix. Give gold color or 3D outline color to the dots or designs in the saree. Leave it dry for 3 to 4 days until the gold color is touch dry.
- Color the fabric in the picture with acrylic colors. For clothes like veil overlapping the jacket, just paint here and there. You can also give oil colors for the clothes, but acrylic gives more texture and flow to the fabric.
- Then do the skin colors using oil colors. Oil colors give the fine shades of the skin clearly.
- Acrylic colors dry quickly. But oil colors take time, probably 5 or 6 days.
- Finally touch the background color using oil colors.
- In between these steps you have to wipe and clean the paintings which spread out of the outline of the picture. Use thinner for cleaning the extras.
- After the picture is fully dried, paste the silver foil over the whole painted area or over the stone or glass color painted area only.
- Frame with gold color frames. It gives a rich look for the Tanjore Glass Paintings.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
In India, most women in middle class families spent their time in idle. From morning 6 to 9, they are busy in kitchen packing food for their wards and spouse. After that, they do or make their servants to do other chores, like cleaning, washing etc., Bathe. Then they sit in front of the TV at 10 or 11am start watching serials. Afternoon they eat and went to nap.
At 4 to 6 in the evening they spent their time with their children or chatting with their neighbours. Then they send their children to tuitions and again sit in front of the TV. When the spouse returned from work, she get up from TV for a short time to give him some coffee or snacks . At night, you never ever guess, our ladies serve dinner only during the ad-break.
What a hectic day, a house wife had... WoW...